Saturday, June 21, 2008

Trout Slapped and Falafel Heaven


Further to this posting...

Why put needed sidewalks on busy roads where they don't exist when you can just redo perfectly satisfactory sidewalks you already have? This is the corner of Albert and Kennedy downtown Nanaimo and not the only sidewalk getting a facelift. 
I don't even know what more there is to say about this.  

On a more positive note, while walking downtown to get some groceries from Thriftys last night we stopped and had supper at the Thirsty Camel. It was as fantastic as ever. I see that the Thirsty Camel is now making speciality coffees and more quick breakfast type items. The muffins sound amazing! 

Here's a shot of our supper- a Falafel Patter and a Chicken Platter. Best falafel I've had (and I've long made a great falafel!). The chicken is always so fresh and delicious. It probably has to do with the fact that it's locally grown and non medicated chicken from Piper's Meats. The tahini, the hummus, the olive oil... it's all so good! My stomach is starting to growl for more!

7 comments:

dilling said...

we FINALLY got sidewalks and curbs...after bugging the city about it for years and years and years...and lots of the older north end neighbourhoods do not have them yet, either, although their streets are better maintained and the gutters not a ankle-breaking endeavour.

Lily said...

I sure wish a few more main streets had them here in Harewood. I'm so tired of walking the shoulder on busy roads and having to run to cross streets. :(

David said...

Allium,
Alas, I can't see your pictures. Did you move their sources, by any chance?

Lily said...

That's odd. I can see them still? I'll have to look into that.

Perhaps you should count yourself lucky that you aren't being tempted to run down to the Thirsty Camel to feast on falafel and chicken platters!

David said...

allium,
The falafel sounds great. Is it worth the commute from Washington, DC?

David said...

...Aha. I see that the images are served from Photo Bucket, which is blocked, here... Too bad.

Lily said...

Well worth the commute. Or maybe not. :D At least you know where to eat if you come into town.