Friday, September 5, 2008

Bedside Challenge

I decided to take on the challenge that Dilling accepted recently here to post a photo of her night stand without cleaning or tidying it first. Thanks to CindyDianne for the challenge.

First off, I'm a little disgusted at the dust on and under my night stand. I'm going to tidy that up today!


So here it is. Mid-century modern in style. Like Dilling, I use a battery operated clock. Leftover from my working outside the home days. I now care very little about what time it actually is. I love that it isn't lit unless you want it to be.

I have a picture of my dog with some of his friends in the back of a pickup on the way home from a hike. 

As you can see, I'm currently reading the biography of Prince Charles circa 1979. It must have been a disappointment to write the book just before his dating and engagement to Diana but the book is a witty one and I'm enjoying it thus far. I love to read and always have a couple books next to the bed at the ready. Biographies are of particular interest to me. I see in the photo a copy of Raffi's book Child Honouring which is a really great book. I also keep my diary next to the bed. After my kids are asleep it's an easy time for me to catch up on some entries.

You might be wondering what's hanging over the drawer of my night stand. Those are diapers. Even though my son is dry overnight and doesn't wear them in the day I'm super paranoid about soiling the mattress so I kept the diapers next to the bed. Which also explains the flannel sheet folded in half and stretched across the upper half of my bed. Not only is it good protection but it's soft to sleep on as well. 

4 comments:

CindyDianne said...

Thank you for playing Allium. I'll enter you into the drawing! I just love getting a peek into other's lives!

jAMiE said...

Hi there...just popped by to see your entry into CindyDianne's contest...i enjoyed seeing your pic, i participated too on my blog by didn't do it in a timely fashion. I will come back to read more of your blog at another time.

Have a great week!

jAMiE

Michael Colvin said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm glad you gave us the title of the book on your night stand. Being the nosey person that I am, I was squinting like mad to read it. :)

Lily said...

So you didn't recognise it from reading it yourself? Odd. I would have thought much more people would have read it.

:D

Thanks for stopping by!